Friday, May 28, 2010

Upcycled T to Cardi- Easy and gorgeous too!

Walmart often has great sales, but of course, I bargain hunt for the bottom prices...a $3 T-shirt from the men's department, now that is a bargain! I saw it, loved the colour, it was an XL but hey, the fabric would alone could cost more!


Anyhow, I already had a project in mind.

I took it home and looked up the web page I bookmarked last night, at Craft Stylish.com on how to upcycle an old T-shirt.

I followed the instructions and made the cardi in approx 30 minutes, give or take a few interruptions by screaming children and serving lunch, with the exception of the placard on the front because I just don't have the patience to crochet, I suck at it. I also wanted to use up almost every bit of the fabric, and the strips were perfect for ruffles on the front of the cardi, I made them fuller at the top, I like the results.


So, not only was it easy to make, but it looks gorgeous!! In Calgary, where I live, you can wear a sundress for parts of the day when it is nice out, but usually you need a light sweater or jacket for morning and evening, because the air gets chilly at night even in the middle of summer.

I think I'll make a few more, to match a few other dresses I own, that way they will be unique, inexpensive and definitely worthy the time/money saved!


Oh and did I say I love ruffles? Cause I do, and they are so in right now!!!
Can't wait for this latest snow to melt so I can show it off....

Check out all the other frugalicious friends and see what they've been up to!

Cheers and happy Friday!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Super cute!! I need to so make me one! Thanx for stopping by earlier! If ya get a chance come back by and enter my giveaway! Also I just noticed u added me to your side bar. How super sweet of you! Thanx a bunch!

Jane B. said...

Ooooh...love this ruffled cardigan! Great job and thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday! I've got a Sodderbug giveaway going on right now if you'd like to enter by leaving a comment!

Jane
Finding Fabulous

Susan said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!! I love it, you are so talented. I have moved on from bliss, you can find me at the scrap yard now! Keep in touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails